注册
搜索
查看: 34244|回复: 7

公共英语考前冲刺卷(二)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-5-15 22:08:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本试卷由文盛教育提供。

Part I. Vocabulary and Structure 40point
Directionsthere are 40 incomplete sentences in this partfor each sentences there four choices marked abcand d. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence and tick it off on the answer sheet.
1. Don't forget _____ the window before leaving the room.
 A. to have closed  B. to close  C. having closed  D. closing     
2. You bad better _____ a doctor as soon as possible.  A. seeing B. saw C. see D. seen                        
3. The old man is used to __ early in the morning. A. exercise B. exercising C. exercised D. exercises               
4. Before joining the army, he spent a lot of time in the village _____ he belonged.
 A. to which  B. which  C. to where  D. at which                     
5. I gave John a present but he gave me nothing _____. A. in return B. in turn C. in advance D. in vain         
6. I don't like to disturb you, because you're quite tired _____ working hard today.
 A. of  B. with  C. out  D. on                          
7. _____ I saw was two men crossing the street. A. What B. Whom C. Who D. That              
8. A curve is a line _____ no part is straight and which has no angle.
 A. that  B. whose  C. in which  D. of which         
9. _____ I'm mistaken, I've seen that man before. A. Unless B. If C. Because D. Provided      
10. The fisherman, _____ poor, could not buy another boat. A. is    B. was C. being      D. been                 
11. Three people, _____ ,were injured in the accident.
   A. including a child B. include a child
 C. included a child D. includes a child                     
12. We use plastics _____ wood and metal now.
   A. to take place  B. to take of
  C. take the place of D. in place of  
13. I spent half an hour _____ this difficult math problem.
    A. having worked on      B. to work on
  C. on work D. working on  
14. The medicine can prevent you _____.
    A. from getting drunk
  B. got drunk C. get drunk  D. being drunk                                    
15. I have taken many photos. I'm going to get the film _____.
   A. being developed
  B. developing C. developed  D. to be developed               
16. _____ the last one, I answered all the questions. A. Except B. Except for C. Besides D. In addition to                  
17. He suggested _____ a lecture given by Professor White on English language learning.
  A. me to attend  B. my attending C. my attention  D. me attending                     
18. Not always _____ they want to.  A. people can do what B. people cannot do what
C. can people do what D. can't people do what            
19. “Good — bye, Miss Liu. I'm very pleased _____.”
 A. to meet you  B. to have met you C. meeting you  D. having met you               
20. I will never forget the ten years _____ we both spent in the little village.
 A. when  B. during which  C. which  D. in which
21. The experiment, _____ will soon be announced, was done by my colleagues.
 A. whose results  B. the results on which C. at which the results D. of whose results      
22. Sorry, I don’t know he is a friend of _____.  
 A. your brother   B. your brothers C. your brother’s friend  D. your brother’s                        
23. I believe he _____ an accident, otherwise he would have arrived on time.
 A. would have had  B. could have had 
   C. should have had  D. must have had         
24. After saying that, he _____ the door quickly.
   A. made up  B. made for C. made out  D. made                                    
25. Mary regretted _____ to John’s birthday party last Sunday.
 A. not going  B. not to go  C. not having been going  D. not to be going  
26. The famous novel is said _____ into Chinese.
  A. to have translated B. to be translate C. to have been translated D. to translate
27. Standing on the bank, the children watched the ship _____ with all kinds of goods.
  A. loading B. being loaded C. to be loaded D. having loaded      
28. Mary never tells anyone what she does for a _____. A. job B. work C. profession D. living                       
29. I’m sorry I couldn’t get in touch with him before he left, I _____ him earlier.
   A. had a telephone
 B. have phoned C. should have phoned D. should be phoned
30. With the old man _____ the way, we had no trouble in finding that mysterious cave.
A. leading  B. led  C. lead  D. to be led   
31. _____ anything about the accident, he went to work as well.
   A. Not know
  B. Know not  C. Knowing not  D. Not knowing   
32. Nowhere else in the world _____ more attractive scenery than in Switzerland.
   A. you can find
  B. is found  C. can you find  D. has been found   
33. An old friend from abroad, __ I was expecting to stay with, telephoned me from the airport.  
   A. that  B. whom  C. who  D. which                    
34. Peter wishes that he _____ law instead of literature when he was in college.
   A. could study
  B. studied  C. had studied  D. would study     
35. When she heard the bad news, she _____ completely.
   A. broke away
  B. broke up  C. broke down  D. broke out      
36. He _____ a large fortune from his business. A. made B. won C. expected D. gained                 
37. He never wrote to his father _____ he was in need of money.
   A. except
  B. except when  C. except for  D. except that      
38. He looked behind him to _____ he was not being followed.
   A. believe B. find C. make sure D. look                 
39. The car was repaired but not quite to my _____.
   A. joy   B. pleasure  C. attraction  D. satisfaction           
40. _____ was unimportant.
   A. Whether he enjoyed our dinner or not    B. No matter how he enjoyed our dinner
   C. If he enjoyed our dinner                     D. What he enjoyed our dinner

Part II. Cloze(20point) 1993年高考)
DirectionsThere are 20 blanks in this part. For each blank there are four choices marked a, b , c and d. Choose the best one and tick it off on the ANSWER SHEET.
Jenlins was a jeweller, who had made a large diamond(钻石) ring worth 57,000 pounds for the Silkstone Jewellery Shop. When it was ready, he made a copy of it which looked ___41___ like the first one but was worth only 2,000 pounds. This he took to the shop, which ___42___ it without a question.
Jenkins gave the much more ___43___ ring to his wife for her fortieth birthday. Then, the husband and wife ___44___ to Paris for a weekend. As to the ___45___ ring, the shop sold it for 60,000 pounds.
Six months later the buyer ___46___ it back to Silkstone’s office. “It’s a faulty(有瑕疵的) diamond,” he said. “It isn’t worth the high ___47___ I paid.” Then he told them the ___48___. His wife’s car had caught fire in an ___49___. She had escaped(幸免), ___50___ the ring had fallen off and been damaged(损坏) in the great __51___ of the fire.
The shop had to ___52___. They knew that no fire on earth can ___53___ damage a perfect diamond. Someone had taken the ___54___ diamond and put a faulty one in its place. The question was: who ___55___ it?
A picture of the ring appeared in the ___56___. A reader thought he ___57___ the ring. The next day, another picture appeared in the papers which ___58___ a famous dancer walking out to a plane for Paris. Behind the dancer there was a woman ___59___ a large diamond ring. “Do you know the ___60___ with the lovely diamond ring?” the papers asked their readers. Several months later, Jenkins was sentenced to seven years in prison.
41. A. only              B. surely               C. nearly         D. exactly
42. A. accepted           B. received           C. refused           D. rejected
43. A. real               B. modern            C. worthy           D. valuable
44. A. flew              B. drove                   C. sailed          D. bicycled
45. A. first               B. second              C. last             D. next
46. A. sold               B. posted             C. brought          D. returned
47. A. cost               B. money              C. price           D. value
48. A. facts              B. matters             C. questions        D. results
49. A. affair             B. accident            C. incident          D. experience
51. A. pile               B. heat              C. power         D. pressure
52. A. think             B. agree             C. permit         D. promise
53. A. almost          B. even              C. just             D. ever
54. A. real            B. pure               C. right           D. exact
55. A. copied         B. made                C. stole           D. did
56. A. notices         B. magazines            C. newspapers      D. programmes
57. A. saw             B. knew                C. found          D. recognized
58. A. showed          B. drew                 C. printed               D. carried
59. A. carrying         B. dressing               C. wearing          D. holding
60. A. dancer         B. woman             C. reader         D. jeweler

Part III .Reading Comprehension(40point)    Direction: Each of the passage below is followed by five question. For each question there are four answers marked a, b , c, and d. Choose the best answer to each of the question and tick it off on the ANSWER SHEET Passage One
     I'm usually fairly skeptical about any research that concludes that people are either happier or unhappier or more or less certain of themselves than they were 50 years ago. While any of these statements might be true, they are practically impossible to prove scientifically. Still, I was struck by a report which concluded that today's children are significantly more anxious than children in the 1950s. In fact, the analysis showed, normal children ages 9 to 17 exhibit a higher level of anxiety today than children who were treated for mental illness 50 years ago.
    Why are America's kids so stressed? The report cites two main causes: increasing physical isolation -- brought on by high divorce rates and less involvement in community, among other things -- and a growing perception that the world is a more dangerous place.
    Given that we can't turn the clock back, adults can still do plenty to help the next generation cope.
    At the top of the list is nurturing ( 培育 ) a better appreciation of the limits of individualism. No child is an island. Strengthening social ties helps build communities and protect individuals against stress.
    To help kids build stronger connections with others, you can pull the plug on TVs and computers. Your family will thank you later. They will have more time for face-to-face relationships, and they will get more sleep.
    Limit the amount of virtual (虚拟的) violence your children are exposed to. It's not just video games and movies; children see a lot of murder and crime on the local news.
    Keep your expectations for your children reasonable. Many highly successful people never attended Harvard or Yale.
    Make exercise part of your daily routine. It will help you cope with your own anxieties and provide a good model for your kids. Sometimes anxiety is unavoidable. But it doesn't have to ruin your life.
61. The author thinks that the conclusions of any research about people's state of mind are______.
   A) surprising     B) confusing        C) illogical          D) questionable
62. What does the author mean when he says, "we can't turn the clock back" (Line 1, Para. 3)?
  A) It's impossible to slow down the pace of change.
  B) The social reality children are facing cannot be changed.
  C) Lessons learned from the past should not be forgotten.
  D) It's impossible to forget the past.
63. According to an analysis, compared with normal children today, children treated as mentally ill 50 years ago____.
  A) were less isolated physically B) were probably less self-centered   
  C) probably suffered less from anxiety D) were considered less individualistic
64. The first and most important thing parents should do to help their children is ____.
  A) to provide them with a safer environment B) to lower their expectations for them
  C) to get them more involved socially D) to set a good model for them to follow
65. What conclusion can be drawn from the passage?
  A) Anxiety, though unavoidable, can be coped with.
  B) Children's anxiety has been enormously exaggerated.
  C) Children's anxiety can be eliminated with more parental care.
  D) Anxiety, if properly controlled, may help children become mature.Passage Two
    It is easier to negotiate initial salary requirement because once you are inside, the organizational constraints ( 约束 ) influence wage increases. One thing, however, is certain: your chances of getting the raise you feel you deserve are less if you don't at least ask for it. Men tend to ask for more, and they get more, and this holds true with other resources, not just pay increases. Consider Beth's story:
    I did not get what I wanted when I did not ask for it. We had cubicle ( 小隔间 ) offices and window offices. I sat in the cubicles with several male colleagues. One by one they were moved into window offices, while I remained in the cubicles, several males who were hired after me also went to offices. One in particular told me he was next in line for an office and that it had been part of his negotiations for the job. I guess they thought me content to stay in the cubicles since I did not voice my opinion either way.
    It would be nice if we all received automatic pay increases equal to our merit, but "nice" isn't a quality attributed to most organizations. If you feel you deserve a significant raise in pay, you'll probably have to ask for it.
    Performance is your best bargaining chip ( 筹码 ) when you are seeking a raise. You must be able to demonstrate that you deserve a raise. Timing is also a good bargaining chip. If you can give your boss something he or she needs (a new client or a sizable contract, for example) just before merit pay decisions are being made, you are more likely to get the raise you want. Use information as a bargaining chip too. Find out what you are worth on the open market. What will someone else pay for your services? Go into the negotiations prepared to place your chips on the table at the appropriate time and prepared to use communication style to guide the direction of the interaction.
66. According to the passage, before taking a job, a person should _____.
  A) demonstrate his capability            B) give his boss a good impression
  C) ask for as much money as he can      D) ask for the salary he hopes to get
67. What can be inferred from Beth's story? A) Prejudice against women still exists in some organizations.B) If people want what they deserve, they have to ask for it.
C) People should not be content with what they have got. D) People should be careful when negotiating for a job.
68. We can learn from the passage that ____.
  A) unfairness exists in salary increases B) most people are overworked and underpaid
  C) one should avoid overstating one's performance D) most organizations give their staff automatic pay raises
69. To get a pay raise, a person should______.
  A) advertise himself on the job market B) persuade his boss to sign a long-term contract
  C) try to get inside information about the organization
  D) do something to impress his boss just before merit pay decisions
70. To be successful in negotiations, one must_____.
  A) meet his boss at the appropriate time  B) arrive at the negotiation table punctually
  C) be good at influencing the outcome of the interaction  D) be familiar with what the boss likes and dislikes
  Passage Three
    When families gather for Christmas dinner, some will stick to formal traditions dating back to Grandma's generation. Their tables will be set with the good dishes and silver, and the dress code will be Sunday-best.
    But in many other homes, this china-and-silver elegance has given way to a stoneware ( 粗陶) -and-stainless informality, with dresses assuming an equally casual-Friday look. For hosts and guests, the change means greater simplicity and comfort. For makers of fine china in Britain, it
spells economic hard times.
     Last week Royal Doulton, the largest employer in Stoke-on-Trent, announced that it is eliminating 1,000jobs -- one-fifth of its total workforce. That brings to more than 4,000 the number of positions lost in 18 months in the pottery (陶瓷) region. Wedgwood and other pottery factories made cuts earlier.
    Although a strong pound and weak markets in Asia play a role in the downsizing, the layoffs in Stoke have their roots in earthshaking social shifts. A spokesman for Royal Doulton admitted that the company "has been somewhat slow in catching up with the trend" toward casual dining. Families eat together less often, he explained, and more people eat alone, either because they are single or they eat in front of television;
    Even dinner parties, if they happen at all, have gone casual. In a time of long work hours and demanding family schedules, busy hosts insist, rightly, that it's better to share a takeout pizza on paper plates in the family room than to wait for the perfect moment or a "real" dinner party. Too often, the perfect moment never comes. Iron a fine-patterned tablecloth? Forget it. Polish the silver? Who has time?
    Yet the loss of formality has its down side. The fine points of etiquette ( 礼节 ) that children might once have learned at the table by observation or instruction from parents and grandparents ("Chew with your mouth closed." "Keep your elbows off the table.") must be picked up elsewhere. Some companies now offer etiquette seminars for employees who may be competent professionally but clueless socially.
71. The trend toward casual dining has resulted in_____.
A) bankruptcy of fine china manufacturers   B) shrinking of the pottery industry
C) restructuring of large enterprises D) economic recession in Great Britain
72. Which of the following may be the best reason for casual dining?
A) Family members need more time to relax.
B) Busy schedules leave people no time for formality.
C) People want to practice economy in times of scarcity.
D) Young people won't follow the etiquette of the older generation.
73. It can be learned from the passage that Royal Doulton is_____.
A) a retailer of stainless steel tableware    B) a dealer in stoneware   
C) a pottery chain store                      D) a producer of fine china
74. The main cause of the layoffs in the pottery industry is_____.
  A) the increased value of the pound    B) the economic recession in Asia
  C) the change in people's way of life   D) the fierce competition at home and abroad
75. Refined table manners, though less popular than before in current social life_____.
  A) are still a must on certain occasions       B) axe bound to return sooner or later
  C) are still being taught by parents at home   D) can help improve personal relationships
  Passage Four
      Some houses are designed to be smart. Others have smart designs. An example of the second type of house won an Award of Excellence from the American Institute of Architects.
      Located on the shore of Sullivan's Island off the coast of South Carolina, the award-winning cube-shaped beach house was built to replace one smashed to pieces by Hurricane ( 飓风 ) Hugo 10 years ago. In September 1989, Hugo struck South Carolina, killing 18 people and damaging or destroying 36,000 homes in the state.
      Before Hugo, many new houses built along South Carolina's shoreline were poorly constructed, and enforcement of building codes wasn't strict, according to architect Ray Huff, who created the cleverly-designed beach house. In Hugo's wake, all new shoreline houses are required to meet stricter, better-enforced codes. The new beach house on Sullivan's Island should be able to withstand a Category 3 hurricane with peak winds of 179 to 209 kilometers per hour.
      At first sight, the house on Sullivan's Island looks anything but hurricane-proof. Its redwood shell makes it resemble "a large party lantern ( 灯笼 )" at night, according to one observer. But looks can be deceiving. The house's wooden frame is reinforced with long steel rods to give it extra strength.
      To further protect the house from hurricane damage, Huff raised it 2.7 meters off the ground on timber pilings -- long, slender columns of wood anchored deep in the sand. Pilings might appear insecure, but they are strong enough to support the weight of the house. They also elevate the house above storm surges. The pilings allow the surges to run under the house instead of running into it. "These swells of water come ashore at tremendous speeds and cause most of the damage done to beach-front buildings," said Huff.
      Huff designed the timber pilings to be partially concealed by the house's ground-to-roof shell. "The shell masks the pilings so that the house doesn't look like it's standing with its pant legs pulled up," said Huff. In the event of a storm surge, the shell should break apart and let the waves rush under the house, the architect explained.
76. After the tragedy caused by Hurricane Hugo, new houses built along South Carolina's shore line are required_____.
A) to be easily reinforced                   B) to look smarter in design
C) to meet stricter building standards        D) to be designed in the shape of cubes
77. The award-winning beach house is quite strong because____.
A) it is strengthened by steel rods         B) it is made of redwood
C) it is in the shape of a shell              D) it is built with timber and concrete
78. Huff raised the house 2.7 meters off the ground on timber pilings in order to _____.
A) withstand peak winds of about 200 km/hr   B) anchor stronger pilings deep in the sand
C) break huge sea waves into smaller ones      D) prevent water from rushing into the house
79. The main function of the shell is
A) to strengthen the pilings of the house    B) to give the house a better appearance
C)to protect the wooden frame of the house  D) to slow down the speed of the swelling water
80. It can be inferred from the passage that the shell should be____.
  A) fancy-looking    B) waterproof      C) easily breakable      D) extremely strong
Part IV. Translation .  ( 30point ) Section A: Directions: There are 10 sentences in this section. Please translate sentences 81-85 from Chinese into English, and translate sentences 86-90 from English into Chinese. Write your answer on the Answer Sheet.
81.他的良好行为为我们树立榜样。
82. 牛津(Oxford)大学是世界公认的最好大学之一。
83. 直到最近我才意识到语言与文化密切相关。
84. 一定要找出办法来防止污染。
85. 由于我没有读过这本书,所以我无法对此做出评论。
86. I heard him singing a Chinese folk song as I passed his room.
87. If you had not left in time then, I could not imagine what would have happened.
88.The experts say that the generation growing up with TV spend too much time in front of TV sets to find enough time to study.
89. A child’s conception of the universe is formed by his own fancies and limited experience.
90. Nowadays, people depend more and more on computers to solve all kinds of problem.

Section B: Directions: There are 2 dialogues in this section. Each has 5 sentences. Please translate Dialogue One from Chinese into English and translate Dialogue Two from English into Chinese. Write your answer on the Answer Sheet.Dialogue One
91.A明天是我父母的结婚纪念日,我们希望你能来参加我们的宴会。
92.B恭喜了!你们打算在什么地方庆祝啊?
93.A我们打算明天的这个时候在家举办晚宴。
94.B太好了!我肯定来。
95.A谢谢了,那么明天见吧。
Dialogue Two
96.A: The train for Xi’an is going to be here soon.
97.B: What time does it leave,please?
98.A: Five past seven, Now, please stand in line,and wait here.
99.B: OK. LookThe train is coming.
100.A: Now,please be careful and don’t pushWait for your turn.
Part V.  Writing  (20points).Directions:
For this part you are allowed30 minutes to write a composition in no less than 100 words, on the topic: Positive and Negative Aspects of SportYou should base your composition on the following outline (given in Chinese )
1. 运动的积极因素;  2. 运动的消极因素;   3. 你的体会

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-15 22:13:03 | 显示全部楼层
模拟题答案:

Part I. Vocabulary and Structure (40point)

1---5 ABDAB 6---10 CBBAC 11----15 BABCA  16---20 CADDB      

21---25 ACC AC 26---30 BCDAD 31---35 BBACB  36---40 BBBCC

Part II. Cloze(20point)

41--45 BCACD  46--50 BACCD  51--55 CDABA  56--60 BADDA

41. 答案:B。business:交易,生意,商业。He is in the grocery business.他做杂货生意。Most of the store’s business comes from women.该店主要做妇女的生意。所以tourism 应当说是一个大的商业,生意。和题的意思最贴切。firm:公司。Company:公司。affair:事物,事件。international affairs国际事物;the present state of affairs目前形势。

42. 答案:C。根据文章的内容,这里指的是“外汇来源”。source:来源,根源。source of income 收入来源。sources of energy能源。而factor:因素。resource:资源。cause:原因。

43.答案:A。even:即使。最符合上下文的逻辑关系。“即使对于英国,旅游业也是第四大来源。”

44.答案:C。be faced with:面对,面临。

45.答案:D。look down on (upon)看不起,轻视。“The literary establishment generally looks down on artists.”文学界一般来说看不起画家。

46.答案:B。前一句说:没有一个政府敢轻视这一行业,所以旅游部长要和专家亲自讨论这些细小的问题:宾馆的卫生间,沙滩上的遮阳伞,冰激凌的销售。因此discuss最符合题意。determined常用在:be determined to do sth….下定决心做….argue :辩论,提出理由。Sold:卖,出售。

47.  答案:A。regard …as…,把…看作…。

48.  答案:C 根据上下文的意思,这里要填:tourism。

49.  答案:C。used to do sth:表示过去常常做某事。be used to doing sth:习惯…..。其余的搭配都是错误的。

50.  答案:D。road system :道路系统

51.  答案:C。因为前面出现first to…因此后面接then to…

52. 答案:D。B和C意思上不正确。tourism是不可数名词,所以A也是错误的,much修饰不可数名词,因此只有D正确的。

53.答案:A。key:关键的。这里指旅游是国家计划的重要组成部分。因此A 符合题意。minor 次要的,不重要的。linking:连接。questioning:提问。都不符合题意。

54. 答案:B。building和and前面的 killing并列。

55. 答案:A。attract:吸引。建立大的旅游景点来吸引大批的游客。因此只有attract最符合题意。 pull:拉,拽。hold:容纳,举行。contain:包含。

56. 答案:B culture:文化“一种全新的海滨文化出现了。”因此只有B的意思最合适。civilization:文明。 writing:笔迹。 Book:书。

57. A。over :…期间。He’d had flu over Christmas .他在圣诞节期间曾患感冒。over the last few years:在过去的几年里。因此只有A 是正确的。

58. 答案:D。benefit :得益,受益。因此只有D 最符合题意。“由于旅游者的人数增加,政府大大的受益。”suffer :遭受,忍受(常接from)lose:丢失。invest:投资。意思都不正确。

59. 答案:D。multiply:成倍增加。本句的意思是“旅游人数成倍增加。”因此只有D最符合题意。 add:增加。(常用add to)divide:分开,分割。reduce:减少。

60. 答案:C。过去时中常用ago 表示时间状语。

Part III 61---65 DDCBC 66---70 ABDDB  71—75 BCBDD  76----80 CDCCA

Part IV. Translation .

Section A:

81. We should learn from Mr. Li, because he is a man with rich working experience.

82.To my great surprise, his English is so good.

83.It is known to all that studying is of vital importance to a person’s growing-up.

84.We are proud that our products are popular among consumers.

85.The farther an object is away from us, the smaller it looks.

86.长期以来,人口多的优劣之处都是经济学家们讨论的话题.

87.当一个饥饿的人吃饱后,他开始想外套,当一个经理得到一辆新跑车后,房子和游艇就进入他的视野了。

88例如,在面对新情况时,智商高的人会考虑当前形势而不是只考虑自己或自己将会遇到什么。

89. 因此,运动量最大的人吃的就最多, 但同时消耗的体内脂肪也就最多。

90. 父母和孩子的谈话方式对孩子的语言能力影响很大。如果父母鼓励孩子对其所朗读的内容做出积极主动的反应,孩子的语言能力就会有很大的提高。

Section B:

Dialogue One

91.A: Hello, can I make an appointment to see Mary, please ?

92.B: Of course, sir. What day would you like to come?

93.A: Friday, if possible. Do you think she would be free at three p.m. ?

94.B: I am not sure. Let me check her schedule. OK, three p.m. is possible for you to meet her. I’ll arrange it for you.

95.A: Thank you so much.

Dialogue Two

96. A:这件白衬衫多少钱?

97. B:198元,你可以试一试。

98. A:有点大,有没有跟我这件一样但再小一号的?

99. B:这件怎么样?这个是小号的。

100.A:这件很好。我就要这件了.

Part V.  Writing.                范文1 My View on Opportunity

Different people have different views on opportunity. It is held that there are few opportunities. But it is also held that there re opportunities everywhere.
  Those who hold the first opinion think that there are too many people and so there is always an intense competition for limited opportunities. In contrast, those who hold the second view think that if one is not prepared, he can hardly have any opportunities; however, if one is prepared, he can have a lot of opportunities.
  As to me, I agree with the latter opinion. Admittedly, there is really an intense competition for limited opportunities, but this is not to say that one can't create opportunities himself. In most cases opportunities are created by people themselves. For example, many people lost their jobs in recent years. Some people wait for opportunities in vain. However, others create opportunities themselves and get self-employed. Eventually they become employers themselves.
  Therefore, to some extent, one can take his destiny into his own hands.

范文2. My View on Opportunity

There is no consensus of opinion in society about opportunities. There are some who think that opportunities come only rarely, and only to lucky people. Others argue that opportunities come to everyone from time to time.

Personally, I agree with the latter opinion. It seems to me that various kinds of opportunities are all around us all the time. The secret is to recognize opportunities and to grasp them in time, because they will not come to you of their own accord. For example, my classmates once refused to enter a national chemistry competition, because they thought that they had no chance of winning. But I took this opportunity, and by preparing well I managed to win the first prize.

Now my motto is: Watch out for opportunities, and at all times prepare yourself to take advantage of them.

发表于 2012-5-15 23:00:42 | 显示全部楼层
楼主,答案放错了,你再看看?
发表于 2012-5-16 23:39:53 | 显示全部楼层
模拟一呢?
发表于 2012-5-17 07:50:59 | 显示全部楼层
答案是驴唇不对马嘴。
发表于 2012-5-18 12:09:19 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 不厚君 于 2012-5-18 12:13 编辑

这是我通过百度检索出来的客观题答案,单选选自某年公共英语测试卷,完形填空与短文理解结合了近些年CET4考题,同学可以做参考:
单选:ACBAA BADAC ADDAC BBCBC ADDBA CBDCA DCBCC ABCDA
完形:DADAB CCABC BBDAD CDACB
短文:DBCCA DBADC BBDCA CADBC
我做了112分(作文按12分),不知同学们拿了多少成绩
PS:本卷考题与专升本考点有偏差(尤其是短文理解生词量较大,与考试要求有出入;单选未涵盖词汇部分),建议当做练习用。
发表于 2012-5-22 17:44:38 | 显示全部楼层
有没有答案解析啊?
发表于 2012-5-29 12:41:33 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

审核友链|Archiver|手机版|豫公网安备 41010402002236号|河南专升本网 ( 豫ICP备06015071号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 14:44 , Processed in 0.061210 second(s), 20 queries .